Supporting ex-service personnel to a better future, by realising their potential!
STEER stands for:
Support, Training and Employability for Ex-services Recruitment.
A holistic, person-centred programme which enables each individual to make informed choices about their future at their own pace.
To increase ex-service personnel's overall potential for voluntary work, employment, self-employment & sustaining employment.
STEER is funded through:
The European Social Fund, the Fairer Scotland Fund and Poppy Scotland.
STEER can help ex-service personnel in:
- Identifying personal skills and attributes
- Recognising skills and experience gained from military service that may be transferable to and desirable for civilian employment
- Assessing and evaluating personal development needs
- Creating a skills profile
- Constructing a Personal Employability Plan
- Constructing a CV
- Assessing and evaluating labour market opportunities: job searching, options and skill/career matching
- Providing relevant workplace experience
- Providing references from work placement or work experience employers
- Building confidence and self-esteem
- Business Start-up
- Finding worthwhile and rewarding voluntary work
STEER is funded by: